Austrian Yearbook on International Arbitration 2020
|Version d'impression ISBN||
Stämpfli Verlag AG
The Austrian Yearbook on International Arbitration 2020 is a collection of articles and essays on current issues and hot topics in commercial and investment arbitration by leading practitioners and academics. The present 14th edition contains 25 contributions from altogether 57 authors.
Inspired by the theme of the Vienna Arbitration Days 2019, “Science and Innovation in Arbitration”, the Yearbook encompasses contributions dealing with
– the impact of sciences in arbitral proceedings,
– psychology in arbitration, and
– the Hofstede Dimensions in international arbitration.
Other issues addressed are foreseeability of damages, third party funding and data protection in arbitration. Yearbook articles further deal with developments in Brazil, Belarus, and Austria.
Procedural issues addressed relate to
– confidentiality and the protection of confidentiality,
– how to make effective use of experts, and
– strategies for mock arbitration.
The chapter on Investment Arbitration deals with the change in effective control over a territory and its influence on BITs, security for costs, and arbitrating under the Energy Charter Treaty.